Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

It's Easter! Other than church, we've spent the day at home as a little family. This morning we gave the girls some Easter gifts - each got a set of pom poms, a little purse, and a pair of bunny ears. No candy. I figure they don't know about that part yet, lol. (Btw, I LOVE the Target dollar bins. That's where their gifts came from and that's where all the van books came from too.) They've had fun with their gifts. Mia especially loves her purse and insisted on carrying it in the crook of her elbow for a good hour when they played outside this afternoon. We took pictures of the girls in their cute dresses this morning. They like wearing dresses, probably because it's not often we put them in dresses. We got donuts on the way to church. The service was good and the girls love to play in the nursery. Then we came home, gave the girls lunch, put them down for naps, and Steve and I had ham and mashed potatoes and broccoli (I love that he can cook and likes to do it).

Steve went to the grocery store this afternoon and picked up what we need for the week. I stayed home and bounced on the exercise ball, hoping it would convince Nora to come out. After the girls got up, we all went outside. It's gorgeous out and the girls love to play outside. I admit I don't take them out as often as I should. My excuse right now is the big belly and not wanting to deal with convincing them it's time to come back in. We just came back in a little bit ago.

No sign of Nora coming today, although I'm still hoping. I've heard third babies come quick, without a lot of warning. Since Mia came in less than 3 hours, I'm thinking this will be true. It's nice to know that even if she doesn't come on her own sooner, the latest she'll come is next Saturday. Six days. That's all that's left of me being pregnant, probably ever. I am so okay with that. I'm trying to stay positive. I'm pretty uncomfortable but I suppose it could be worse. The worse part for me is the constant pelvis pain (SPD, as I've mentioned before). It's to the point I can't roll over in bed without ripping pain that makes me hesitate and try to figure out a less painful way to do it. This morning it took me a good five minutes to roll from my right side and get out of bed. Rather than rolling over, I kinda wiggled my way around on my side until my feet were hanging off the side of the bed and I heaved myself upright. Somehow I did it without waking up Steve. Once upright, I had to stand there for a minute and wait for my pelvis to kind of settle. Otherwise I have to shuffle like I'm 90 and I'm still in pain. Even if I wait for a moment, I walk funny for at least the first few steps. This I will not miss.

On the job front, Steve had a second interview on Thursday morning before work. It went well. We found out from the friend who recommended him for the job that it's between Steve and one other person. The other person has more education and certifications but little to no experience. Steve has some certifications and the exact experience they're looking for. Steve's would-be supervisor is pulling for Steve, which we take as a good sign. Hopefully by this time next week, we'll have a new baby girl and Steve will be all set up to start his new job. :)

No comments: