Friday, March 13, 2009

A confession...

It's Friday afternoon and I'm back from my internship. Both girls were napping when I got home (hallelujah!) so I enjoyed some quiet time before getting them up. After diaper changes, Ella had a bowl of cereal and a cup of milk and was watching tv. Amelia was entertaining herself too so I started reading on the internet. Amelia started crawling into the dining room and I didn't pay much attention. She likes to play in the little bedroom or the kitchen and I figured I'd hear her getting into something she wasn't supposed to and then I'd retrieve her. Probably 10 minutes passed before I realized she was very quiet. So I got up and walked into the dining room - no Amelia. Stuck my head into the bedroom - no Amelia. Hmm. Walked into the kitchen - not there either. I really didn't think she'd crawled upstairs since she tends to grunt when she climbs the stairs and I hadn't heard that. So I checked the den, wondering if she'd crawled in there and I just didn't notice. She wasn't there either. I was starting to get a little nervous at this point but knew she had to be in the house and if she had gotten hurt, I'd have heard her. So I checked the kitchen and bedroom a little more thoroughly before going upstairs. Sure enough, that little sneak crawled out of the bathroom with a bottle of my contact solution! She was absolutely fine. But she was so quiet climbing the stairs...

Needless to say, from now on, if she's awake the gate will be up.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Ah, gotta love this. They're so sneaky so fast. :) Glad she was OK, and we've all totally been there. Lydia was quiet for 5-10 minutes today and Joshua found her, when he did he shouted out "Mommy she's in the closet, she's playing with your bra!:)

Paula said...

They are VERY sneaky! I was just relieved she was okay. She did the same thing to Steve this morning - she made it to the landing without a sound before he noticed. Too funny about Lydia in the closet with your bra! :)