Thursday, April 30, 2009

Updates

Things have been both busy and slowing down here. We celebrated Amelia's first birthday and had a small cake that day. Then we had her actual party 10 days later. It went pretty well, considering I loathe hosting any sort of gathering and it usually stresses me out. It's always nice when everyone is gone again and things are quiet and back to normal. Poor Amelia seemed so overwhelmed that day and was almost ecstatic the next morning when she saw there were no extra people here! But she got a lot of wonderful gifts and we had fun and got some great pictures. So thank you to all of our family that came.
My internship ended a few weeks ago and my class ended two weeks ago. My last internship seminar is tonight and I think that it's basically to turn in paperwork and explain the licensing process, which I'm currently very confused about. Then there's graduation in a few weeks and I officially have my masters degree! Yay!
It's been so nice to have time to myself again. I've started reading (for pleasure!) again. I'm back into a regular workout routine and have regained my definition and stamina. It's great to have time to enjoy the girls again. But in that perpetual grass-is-greener phenomenon, I'm already going a bit stir crazy. I miss the adult interactions and having a reason to change out of my pajamas and leave the house. I think I need to start some projects to keep myself a bit more occupied around the house (potty-training, perhaps?) and find kid-friendly activities outside the house too. Since I have a shortage of friends in this area with kids, I'm trying to get more information about moms groups and story time at the library. If you have more suggestions, let me know.
And here are a few pictures from the party.

The cake.


The birthday girl eating the cake.

Opening presents. This piggy bank was from Great-Grandma Steward.


Both girls playing with the Little People barn.


Becky (30 weeks pregnant) and Tracy (31 weeks).

No comments: