Thursday, December 10, 2009

Four years later...

Four years ago today there was a double wedding in Evart. Two young couples said their vows. The father of the brides pronounced them man and wife, and man and wife. They posed for hundreds of pictures and smiled until their cheeks hurt. And they still couldn't stop smiling. They celebrated with a dinner with several hundred friends and family before one couple went to a hotel in Cadillac (I think) and the other to a bed and breakfast in Holland. It was a beautiful day and the memories are a happy blur.

Four years later, those two couples have four kids between them, with a fifth on the way. One higher education degree has been earned, a business has been started, a house has been bought, and several vehicles have been purchased. There have been some tears and much more laughter. Through experiences and the addition of kids, love has grown and deepened. I'm happy to say we're all happy. Life has been very busy and full. It feels like it's been much longer than four years (in a good way). Life before Steve and our girls feels like it was a lifetime ago. Marriage and parenthood presents a whole new set of challenges but I wouldn't trade them for what I had before.

Steve, I love you. You're more than I could have hoped for in a husband and you make me feel incredibly safe and loved. I'm so thankful I have you by my side for this adventure. Thank you for being so kind and supportive and fun. Thank you for being you. You've truly been my partner in this and I am so happy that you are mine and I am yours. I love you more everyday.

Tracy and Donovan, happy anniversary! I am so glad we shared our wedding day and all that went with it. You're our family and true friends too. Thank you for all the help, support, laughter, and memories. We love you guys. To many more years!

1 comment: