Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Updates

I guess I haven't updated in a while. I did finally change the profile picture. But here's some of what's happened here:
- Ella had her 3 year well-child check. She's in the 75th percentile for height and weight and perfectly healthy.
- I'm 24 weeks pregnant now. And sick with the flu. It's been pretty miserable. But after throwing up six times yesterday, I seem to be able to keep down crackers and water today. I might try Sprite in a little while. Maybe by dinner I'll try chicken noodle soup. Luckily, this seems to be a 24 hour thing, so I should be over it by this evening (I hope). I'm praying no one else gets sick! And Nora is doing fine. She's been kicking a lot (not pleasant when my stomach is upset, but it's reassuring) and despite the fact that I've managed to eat very little in the past 24 hours, she can still get all she needs from me. Amazing how that all works.
- Mia split her lip open earlier this week. Ella was pulling Mia around by the hand and Mia lost her balance and fell. Steve and I were both at work and Kat said there was a lot of blood. But Mia is doing fine. Her lip is still a little swollen and bloody but seems to be healing. Ella felt so horrible when it happened that she put herself in time-out, crying the whole time, and saying she would never pull Mia ever again. I wish they were more gentle with each other, but they sure are sweet and empathetic.
- I found a dead mouse in our kitchen yesterday. It was on the floor and I haven't seen evidence of where else it has been. It's been disposed of and I hope it was alone. Ew.

No comments: