Sunday, March 21, 2010

The waiting game

My sister brought it to my attention the other day that I haven't posted in a while. Part of it, honestly, is that I'm getting to that point in my pregnancy where I just want to hole up at home and not be bothered until I have the baby. This is normal end-of-pregnancy for me, so please don't take it personally. Anyhow, I'm now 36 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I'm achy and have been having more and more Braxton-Hicks contractions. I'm starting to dilate and efface, so things look favorable for a 39 week induction, if I don't go sooner on my own. (I'm hoping but not holding my breath.)

Things are ready. We have the car seat out and Steve can install it today if he needs to. The clothes are washed and put away. We have diapers, wipes, formula, bottles (although we should buy new nipples). The bassinet is ready and waiting in our bedroom. I have plans to put together the pack'n'play with the bassinet and changing table in the dining room and the new bouncer and have Steve pull the other bouncer out too (it lays flatter and is better for a newborn), but we're pretty much ready. We've even stocked up on some of the things I'll need post-partum. I do need to pack a bag but that can be done pretty quickly and I have a list of things to pack and people to call. My body feels ready and with the progress and BH contractions, I'd say it's getting ready too. So now we wait. We have 23 days until my due date but I'm hoping Nora decides to come sooner...

2 comments:

Jennie said...

We're so excited for you guys!

Julie said...

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well, and you're able to rest some (as much as possible, anyway, with two little girls)!