Monday, March 8, 2010

Nesting

The past two Sundays I have caught up on a lot of little things I've been meaning to do for months now. I've organized the downstairs bedroom, packed things to store in the attic and other things to store in my closet, and had Steve move the little dresser for Nora into the room. I organized my closet and packed away maternity clothes I don't wear (three big diaper boxes worth) and the clothes that will be too small for a while. I finished putting together the bassinet and had Steve move it upstairs. I organized the girls' closet and packed some of the stuff into the attic. I also resorted all the baby/little girl clothes. They're either waiting to be washed (NB and 0-3 mos) or packed away in the attic and labeled better so we can find them easier later. I also sorted out the boyish clothes and some other extras we don't need (an extra Boppy, a wipes warmer, some picture frames, a rear-view mirror for the car (we have two others), some diaper bags (we have five)). We also have little outfits that will be out of season for Nora (Christmas outfits that are 3-6 mos) and others that will stay in the families (an adorable Christmasy outfit my cousin spent a lot of money on that's 0-3 mos will be passed onto the Atherton side, and several onesies and tees that Steve's sisters bought in other countries will stay in the Scott family). Some of it I have in mind for certain people. But if you know someone who is pregnant with a boy, let me know. Everyone I know is having a girl or already had boys. I also organized the bathroom and random other areas of the house. I did some decorating. I made a countdown calendar for the girls to change daily. I mended a stuffed animal and a cloth bag. I also found homes for some things that had been floating around the house, basically being placed wherever they were least in the way for the moment. I did a little cleaning here and there too. I'm not sure why Sundays are my nesting days but it appears that is the case.

Since I've been so productive on Sundays, I tend to be kinda tired and achy on Monday. It's well worth it though. Like I said, most of what I've done are things that I've been meaning to do and either procrastinated or haven't had the time/energy to do until now. I'm just happy I'm getting them done. :) I have had some more Braxton-Hicks contractions following my bursts of activity and I'm just hoping those are making some progress. I'll find out next week. Today is my 35 week appointment (I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow) and after that I go weekly. I'm looking forward to finding out how much progress I'm making because it'll give me a better idea whether or not I'll be induced at 39 weeks. The doctor won't induce without a medical reason or a high Bishop score beyond 39 weeks. If I've started to dilate or efface at all yet, the odds are pretty good I'll be successfully induced at 39 weeks. Nora is already head down, although I don't know if she's engaged yet. Some days my belly looks lower but other days it doesn't. So I think she's hanging out low but hasn't dropped. Next week is my last week of work, which I'm looking forward to. I'm getting weary of smiling when someone tells me I'm huge, look tired, or don't have much longer. People flip out if I touch my stomach or grimace. People, Nora is strong and all knees and elbows these days. She moves a lot and it hurts. It doesn't mean I'm in labor. I wouldn't go to work if I thought labor was remotely close. And I've done this twice before, so if I did go into labor, I think I'd know soon enough to make it to the hospital. The baby isn't going to suddenly drop out of me. Calm down. But since they're this nervous a good month before my EDD, I'm thinking it's a very good thing I'm not working past 36 weeks. Can you imagine the panic close to my EDD when I do have the random contraction? LOL! I do need to say that most of my coworkers don't have kids, so they don't know, but still. I laugh because it's better for my blood pressure. :) (Btw, despite a little swelling, my BP is fine.)

No comments: