Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Recently heard in the Scott house

Ella: Raking leaves is my favorite thing!
Mommy: Good, you can help Daddy this weekend.
Ella: (pause) Well, raking is Daddy's favorite thing. Mine is jumping in the leaves!

(after discussing scarecrows)
Mia: Why aren't they in the garden?
Mommy: We don't have a garden.
Mia: We have flowers.
Mommy: Where?
Mia: On my bed. (She has a flowered comforter.)

Mia: I like piece-a-ghetti.

Mommy: Mia, keep your hands off the tv. (Later) Mia, keep your hands off the window. (Later) Mia, keep your hands off the laptop.
Mia: But Mommy, I want my hands on the books!
Mommy: Oh. That's fine. Go get books.

(after doing her business on the potty (!!!))
Mommy: Ella, you're awesome!
Ella: Mommy, I'm not a rock star. I'm a girl!

Ella: When I was born, I was a little boy. And that means I was BORING.

Mia: (playing with my flower necklace) But where is its garden?

Mia: There's a scary ghost! (on the Cheez-it box)
Mommy: Say "go away, ghost!"
Mia: Go away ghost! (pause) Mommy, it didn't work.
Mommy: (turns box around)
Mia: Now there's an angry tree!
Mommy: Tell it to go away.
Mia: Go away angry tree!
Mommy: (hides the box behind the box of Oatmeal Squares)

There's plenty more that I can't currently think of. My kids are hilarious.

No comments: