Monday, January 10, 2011

Fly-by post

Just a quick update:
- Nora got tooth number 2! She now has her two front bottom teeth.
- We're getting Nora on a more regular sleeping schedule. I'm loving the added free time (well, time with two hands instead of one while I hold Nora) and extra sleep.
- I'm starting week two of the TurboFire/Chalean Extreme hybrid. I'm sore! But I know I'll get great results that will make it all worth it.
- We had an interesting morning trying to make it out of the house for church yesterday. Nora had a blowout diaper that required a bath. As we were about to walk out the door, Mia took a drink of her milk and dumped it all over herself, the coffee table, and the floor (the lid wasn't on tight). She needed a complete outfit change. We were late to church, but we made it. I'm convinced that I needed to hear that sermon and forces were working to keep us away. I came away excited about my ministry (I think God wants us to take care of our bodies as much as our mind and spirit but church doesn't usually address that). I think God uses our struggles and hurts to minister to others currently going through the same things.
- Ella has been accident-free! Mia is up next for PTing.
- The girls all play together. Kind of. Ella and Mia play together and Nora sits nearby and gnaws on a toy. Sometimes they all giggle at each other and dance. I love it.
- Steve is doing awesome at work.
- Small group started again. So far I like the book and it's so nice to have some kid-free, adult time. Apparently I'm big on self-improvement this year. :)
- We're starting to get rid of things. So if you're about my height (5'4") and between a 12 and 16, I may have some clothes for you. Most of it I'll give away, but there are a few items that I'm asking a little money for since they were rarely worn and rather pricey (two pant suits with jackets, size 13 pants, size medium jacket. I paid about $200 and have worn them less than 10 times in 5 years. I'm asking $50). We also have some baby items we're ready to give up (a bouncer right now). Let me know if you need something like that or know someone who does.
- We're also looking for new (to us) living room furniture. A couch, a loveseat, a recliner. Please let us know if you know of someone getting new furniture.
I think that covers it for news from our house. I hope you're all doing well and 2011 is off to a good start!

1 comment:

The Scott Household said...

Can we talk clothes? Jeans? Dress-type clothes? Shirts?