Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is relatively quiet at our house. Steve rarely buys me flowers (actually I don't think he's ever bought me flowers for V Day), which is fine. They're overpriced today and I'd much rather get them out of the blue a week from now than get them today because someone says he should give them to me. Jewelry is generally reserved for bigger occasions, like my birthday, Christmas, our anniversary, or maybe Mother's Day. I might get chocolate or a card, which suits me. I have a sweet tooth and I love to keep the cards and re-read them later. We're pretty low-key so this is good for us. Today I came downstairs to find a Where's Waldo? valentine from Steve. :) (I have a collection of old unused valentines that we use now.) I opened my computer to find an email from him and a FB wall post. When he went to lunch, he sent me an I love you text. :) Low-key but so sweet.
We bought little stuffed animals for the girls. Ella got a tiger, Mia got a monkey, and Nora got a giraffe. They love them. We also made valentines for all the family that's coming later today. That's right. We're having our Valentine's Day dinner with all my siblings, brother-in-law, and two nieces. We're just doing Chinese takeout. It will be loud and probably a bit chaotic with 5 little girls 4 and under. But it'll be fun. I love my family.
We did our "romantic" date yesterday. With all three girls. :) We just went to Finley's after church. Ella talked loudly, Mia wore as much as she ate, and Nora slept and then danced. It was wonderful and really represents our little life. I love our little girls and my dear husband.

Now for some updates...
Madelyn has had a few setbacks this week. She has an episode with her breathing and regressed a little with her feedings. She's still doing relatively well but won't be coming home as soon as hoped.
Becky had a gallbladder attack and will need to have surgery. We don't know how soon, since she has to get a referral from her doctor to a surgeon first.
I'm most concerned today for Chad Cole. Little Miranda was removed from life support and passed away in Chad's arms Tuesday night. The funeral for Sara and Miranda was Saturday. Now it's Valentine's Day and Chad's arms are empty. Please remember to pray for him and his and Sara's family. The parts that end up in the news are over but he has a long road ahead of him and needs prayers as much as ever. Thinking of him and what he's been through reminds me to be thankful for my family and any time we have together. In his blog, Chad said Sara was the embodiment of love. So on this day about love, be loving, to everyone. Not just the people you love and the ones that are easy to love. Be kind to others. And not just today. In memory of Sara and Miranda. Spread their legacy.
Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments: