Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Thursday Sprint

Thursdays are busy. BUSY. Every other week is especially busy. I get up, get ready, get the girls ready, pack them into the van, and we head off to drop Ella off at school. From there, we either come home or go to MOPS. If we come home, it's a bit more relaxed, at least for a few hours. If we go to MOPS, I'm just moving more of the morning. We go through Tim Horton's for Timbits for the girls and decaf coffee for me and then go to the church. We unload, I distribute the girls, and I get to sit for a bit and talk to actual live adults! (If you are a stay at home mom, you understand how wonderful this is.) After a couple hours, I collect the girls, load them back into the van, drive home, and unload them. Then we eat lunch and then they go down for naps. At this point, I eat lunch, check FB, and sit. Then I workout (Thursday is usually ChaLEAN Extreme - heavy weights!) and then hop in the shower. I get ready again, get the girls up, and we hustle out the door to pick up Ella from school. Then we come home, get snacks, change diapers, and get the girls in their leotards. I make sure everything is in the diaper bag and we rush back out the door and off to ballet. I herd them through the parking lot, in the door, up the stairs, and to the waiting room. I make sure the girls are all dressed for it and off to their rooms. Then Nora and I sit. Or she runs around and I sit or chase her if she tries to leave the room. Finally, when they're done, I get their ballet slippers off, their shoes, sweats, and coats back on, and we head back down the hall, down the stairs, out the door, and back across the parking lot and load them back into the van. Then we go home. It's usually about 6:15 and Steve has dinner ready around the time we get home. And I collapse, lol. Steve handles bedtime and helps Ella make her lunch while I lay out clothes for the next day. Then Steve and I sit and catch up and maybe watch a little tv. He goes to bed earlier than I do. I should go to bed at the same time, but I love the quiet after everyone else is in bed. And on Thursdays, it's so nice to be alone and have quiet time without someone needing me or having to watch the clock.

So how did I have time to write this? Well, I haven't charged my BodyMediaFit in a few days so I'm waiting for that to finish. It just did, so I'm off and running. Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments: