Monday, October 3, 2011

Weariness

I've been meaning to post for a while. It's fall, my favorite season. Ella is in school. Mia and Nora are closer now. I was hired to teach Turbo Kick by a dance studio. Ella and Mia started ballet lessons. I ran my first 5K. There's been no shortage of things to blog about. But I feel tired. Don't get me wrong, my life is good. Even great. But lately I've had this overwhelming sense of weariness. Like I never stop moving but there's always more to do. Like each day I wake up, take a deep breath, and sprint through the day until it's time to collapse in bed at night. And then I do it again the next day. The other day I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was mad at me. To my knowledge, I didn't do or not do anything to make anyone angry. I'm still working out five days a week. That helps a bit and honestly, that's where I get most of my energy. I don't know how moms do it without regular exercise. I know I'd be much more worn down if I didn't.

I'm hoping this is a passing phase. That a few good conversations with friends and nights with more sleep will remedy this. I'm not entirely sure what outcome I hope for with this post. I just thought I should post *something.* So I'll leave with this: We were in the van one day when Mia, out of nowhere, says, "Mommy, Spiderman is the best superhero. He has webs in his hands so he can swing from tall buildings." My silly redhead makes me smile. :)

5 comments:

The Scott Household said...

Love you and your sweet family!

Rebecca said...

i understand the weariness.

i was looking at your pictures on fb (hope you don't mind)...and was encouraged when i saw your 8wk belly shot...i'm just over 8 weeks pregnant with #4 and feeling like my belly has just popped out and wondering how that has happend so early...and if i am the only one. nope. so thanks :). i feel normal now.

Paula said...

Amanda, love you too!
Rebecca, it just hits with the monotony sometimes, I think. Today feels a bit better. I don't mind! If I minded, we wouldn't be friends. :) Haha! Glad my picture helped. Yeah, between a poor wardrobe choice and popping so early, a coworker asked me at 8.5 weeks. If we were having more, I think I'd show before the line turns! ;) Congratulations!

Liz said...

Oh I so get where you're at right now. I am there with you, I feel like I'm constantly on the run some by choice, some by necessity. Have a child in school is a bigger life-stage-change than I was anticipating, to be honest, even though it's been a good experience.
Hope to get a chance to chat with you soon. :)

Paula said...

Liz, yes! Exactly! I knew Ella going to school would be a big change and I knew it would wear her out, but I had no idea how much it would wear ME out! We definitely need to talk soon!