Friday, February 14, 2014

Love

As a parent, it's easy to feel like you're not getting it right, especially if your kids have been bickering a lot. And mine have been. But today was one of those days that makes you feel like you're getting something right.

While dropping Ella off at school this morning, she told me that every day before they split to go to their classrooms, she hugs Mia and says, "I love you and I'll see you after school." Mia told me Ella sometimes kisses her forehead too.

Later Nora needed my help peeling stickers off to stick them on a piece of construction paper. Then she brought me the paper and a crayon and asked me to write, "To Mommy" on it. I did and handed it back to her. She waited a split second, handed it back to me, and said, "Here you go. Happy Valentine's Day!"

It is a happy Valentine's Day. :) 

No comments: