Saturday, August 22, 2009

PT working mom (kinda)

I got a job, sort of. My internship site is frequently short-staffed and has not hired people to fill the gaps left by the former interns (myself included). Normally this is more of an annoyance than anything else, but with two regulars out for surgery and one on vacation, they needed more help. So they called me and asked if I'd like to work on a part-time fill-in basis. Since I miss adult interaction and we could use some extra money, I agreed. Originally it was supposed to be 40 hours of work and 5 hours of training. To date, I have had 6.5 hours of training and worked 7 hours. The 40 scheduled hours begin next week. I've also turned down another 7 or so hours of work. Obviously it's going to be important for me to be able to say no when I need to but this is looking like a fairly promising job. Getting hours should not be a problem. I'm hoping this will be a nice balance of being a stay-at-home parent and having a fulfilling job with adult interaction and intellectual stimulation. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: