Monday, August 31, 2009

Kids are fun

The girls are a lot of work but they also provide tons of entertainment. Here are a few things that have happened recently:

- Yesterday morning Steve was dressed and had the girls dressed while I was still in my pajamas. Ella, who gets very excited to go to church, asked, "Mommy, do you want to go to church with us?"

- Amelia is learning how things work. When crying for a toy Ella had didn't work, she negotiated for a trade. It worked, lol. She also has been hiding toys she doesn't want to share. This leads me to think that the toys I can't find aren't lost but stashed somewhere.

- Ella has been calling Kat (a wonderful friend who babysits so I can work a little bit) Mama. She calls me Mom or Mommy. Kat filled me in because she didn't want my feelings hurt. Apparently Ella started calling her Mama and Kat corrected her and said her name is Kat. Ella pointed to Sydney and Regan and said, "They call you Mama. Your name is Mama." Kat couldn't come up with an argument for that, so Ella now calls her Mama, lol.

- Mia is talking more and more. It's a lot of fun to have her repeat phrases in her tiny voice. Most of it's not very clear, but adorable anyhow.

- They both like to dance and have been singing. Ella has been making up her own songs too. She loves the Veggie Tales theme too.

- This is more of a brag, but Ella is learning her letters and the sounds they make. Wherever we go, she points out letters that she sees. I know reading is still a ways off, but I definitely think she'll learn to read early. I mean, she's not 3 yet and is trying to sound out words. I wish we could get her that interested in potty training!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love this - I can't wait for Abigail to start doing this stuff, although I'm really trying to enjoy every minute I have with her right now since I know from watching Isaac and Julia that this stage flys away.