Monday, September 13, 2010

Nora loves her sisters

Nora is a happy baby, probably 95% of the time. It's a wonderful thing. She's getting to that stage where she can't quite sit up on her own but she always wants to be sitting straight up, able to see everything around her. Without a doubt, Nora is happiest when she is sitting up, watching her sisters. She LOVES when they pay attention to her. She giggles hardest when they dance or jump for her. She smiles when they talk to her and kiss her goodnight. There have been so many times the girls are playing on the floor and Nora is sitting on my lap, straining forward with an eager look on her face. She can't wait to join them. (Side note: when she's on the floor, she immediately flips to her belly and starts moving her arms and legs. If she could get her belly off the floor, she'd be crawling. I have no doubt she'll crawl earlier (and probably walk earlier) than her sisters did.)

The big girls currently have a fort. Ella kept draping a blanket over the coffee table to make one. But once there were pillows under it, the girls barely fit. Not willing to give up the dining room table indefinitely, Steve fixed the card table. It's been sitting in the den for a few days now with a sheet covering it. The girls have pillows, blankets, books, and stuffed animals under there. I found some old star push lights (I have no idea what the real name is, but they're just lights that you push the top to turn on and off) and they have those under there too. They think their fort is the greatest thing ever. I think the fact that they're entertained for hours by a card table and sheet is the greatest thing ever, lol.

This morning I crawled into the fort and sat Nora up. She sat there, supported by my hands, looking around in awe. Ella and Mia crawled in too and she got the biggest grin ever. She was just so happy to be with her sisters. It was adorable. Until Ella yelled at me to get out. Meaning Nora would have to get out too, since she can't sit up alone. After I asked her if she really wanted to be mean to her baby sister and mom, she apologized. I told her if she asked nicely, we would leave. So she did and we did. I hope they include Nora better when they don't have to include me too, lol. She's only five months old and already admires them. She wants to be just like them. And they want to be like me. That's a big responsibility. Parenting is the best motivation to be the best me possible.

No comments: