Friday, December 10, 2010

5 years and counting

Today was our fifth wedding anniversary. Crazy, to think back over everything that's happened and realize it's all been packed into five years. We've had three kids, bought a house, earned a masters degree, changed jobs, bought a car and a minivan, lost two grandparents, been through parents' health issues, been to seven graduations (all immediate family - apparently we're well-educated), and celebrated the weddings of two siblings and the births of three nieces (soon to be four). We've been blessed more than burdened and we're happy.

I know I say this a lot, but Steve is my best friend and the best husband I could have imagined. He makes me laugh, he's supportive and shares my burdens, he takes care of me, and he gets my goofy jokes and thinks I'm funny. On our wedding day, I loved him. But I had no idea how much my love for him would grow and deepen. Without a doubt, having our daughters has been one of the single greatest bonds. It's like when each girl was born, I'd watch Steve with them and fall more in love with him. It's been absolutely amazing to watch him as a dad. I am so grateful that he is the father to our girls. I could go on and on about him and the things he does for me and why I love him, but I won't. God knew what He was doing, giving me Steve. Thanks, God.

Happy anniversary, Steve. I hope we have many, many years to come and they're a bit less eventful than the first five. ;) I love you.

No comments: