Friday, October 15, 2010

Disorganized thoughts

It's been a busy week. I already updated with Nora's stats, but Mia is doing fine too. We only have to go back to the allergist as needed.

I worked two days this week. Not much by most people's standards but with the doctor appointments figured in and my daily workouts, it was a hectic week for me. We had sitters here four days this week. I'm glad today is quieter. I did receive news yesterday that I'm still processing. Lifeways is not renewing their contract with Community Connections. Which means as of April 1, I don't have a job. Since I'm not working regularly, it's not going to impact our lives or income much at all. But I am on good terms with them and I've viewed that as our contingency plan, should anything happen to Steve's job (which is, thankfully, stable). Now I have this feeling of, "now what?" To be honest, doing evaluations and referrals is not what I want to do long-term. I want to combine my passion for fitness with counseling somehow, but I haven't quite figured out how to do it. I've been going back and forth for a while on the idea of getting certified to teach Turbo Kick. Me? Teach? I'm quiet and I don't like to be in charge (at least when it comes to anything other than my family). But I love being in shape and I want to spread that to other people and help them be happy and healthy too. I prayed for some sign. Maybe this is it. I need to do some research as far as where I could teach and if I would need a primary certification like ACE to teach there. So we'll see. If you think of it, pray for guidance for me in this area. I feel like this is the direction God is leading me in, but I'm not sure yet if this is the right step right now.

Speaking of prayers, I have friends that could use prayers right now. I'm not going to go into details, but different friends have been heavy on my heart this week. Family issues, premature babies, marital difficulties. Please pray for them too.

And this is such a tiny thing, but my heart rate monitor is in the shop for troubleshooting and repairs. I don't have any heart issues, but it tracks my heart rate while I exercise and calculates how many calories I burn. I miss it and honestly feel a little off without it. I haven't heard that they've received it, let alone if they've determined the issue yet (it was burning through batteries pretty quickly, like one a month). I think I might call this afternoon to make sure they have it and it didn't get lost in the mail.

I told you my thoughts are disorganized today. I feel somber for the people around me dealing with hefty issues and my coworkers that rely on that job, but thankful for my good life at the same time. I hug my kids a little tighter, kiss Steve a little longer, pray a little harder, try to reach out to more people. I'm more mindful of my blessings and try to be more patient with the minor irritants. Which reminds me, I ran over a possum in our driveway the other day. I assume it was playing dead and I didn't see it (the neighbor's cats run and fallen branches stick up a lot farther). Both tires ran over it. I was a bit scared to get out and see what it was, so I backed up. Yup, I ran over it again with both tires. And then I saw it, mouth open, tongue hanging out. It was huge. Not sure what to do and knowing Steve was in the middle of giving the girls baths, I decided it was already dead and pulled up into my usual parking spot in the driveway. Yes, I ran over it again, for a total of six times. And I was still scared it was going to attack me or something. I grabbed my stuff and ran to the house. About an hour later, the girls were in bed and Steve and I checked to see if it was still there or if it had somehow survived being run over by a minivan six times. Still there, still dead. What do you do with a dead possum? We live in town. I went inside to feed Nora while Steve dealt with it. He ended up burying it in the backyard, way back in the corner where the girls never play. To make the whole more absurd, he did it wearing a tee shirt, pajama pants, and his black dress shoes, lol. He told me they were next to the door and they were the quickest ones to slip on. The weirdest part? Dad found a dead possum in front of their house this week too. Kat, my awesome friend who watched the girls for me three times this week, said maybe he dumped it in our driveway to mess with us. I had a good laugh about that.

It's been a week. Weird stuff, big news, lots of things to pray about. I'm ready for a quieter weekend. :)

No comments: