Thursday, October 7, 2010

This morning...

...I told Mia we were going to MOPS. "MOPS?" she asked. "But my bug bites are all gone." I then had to explain that MOPS wasn't the doctor's office. (Btw, she calls her hives bug bites.)

...I tried to dress Nora in a 3-6 month sleeper. She didn't fit and she cried. She'll be 6 months old on Saturday. Already! She can kind of sit up on her own. She balances pretty well but still tips over a lot. Before I know it she'll be running after her sisters.

...Ella told me she would always like me. I may refer her back to this post in the future.

...I successfully took all three girls to MOPS. I was also successful at getting them all back home. Trust me, that's an accomplishment.

...I saw my pre-pregnancy weight on the scale!...for Mia's pregnancy. Five pounds until Ella's and another twenty-five until Nora's, which is my goal. I'm getting less frustrated by it because I am doing what I can each day to get there and the weight is coming off. There are days now I even think I look thin!

...I discovered that another friend (and coworker) had her baby girl yesterday too. That makes three baby girls in three days. Shannon's baby (Charlotte) is doing great, not a single issue, and she's exactly the same size I was at birth. Liz's baby (Annika) is in the NICU, on CPAP, and may need a PICC (sp?) line for feedings. Her lungs aren't mature yet. Liz was discharged yesterday and said it was really difficult going home without Annika but is glad to be home with her husband and other kids. Please continue praying for them.

...I was very thankful for coffee. I am every morning, but this morning I was really tired and did NOT want to get out of bed. Nora didn't want to sleep last night so I got to bed late and I didn't sleep well because I knew I had to get up early today. I'm already looking forward to bed tonight. Nice, warm, soft bed...

...Ella peed on the potty twice and stayed dry in between! I think we may try underwear this weekend, since Steve will be home to help.

...I realized my life is not that interesting, lol. But all these familiar little things are comforting and I like my life. I'm blessed to have this time to stay home with my girls. But thank GOD for MOPS! It's nice to have adult time.

How was your morning?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

My morning was great since I didn't have to go to work until noon! I am glad you had a good morning and I hope the rest of your day was the same :)

Nicole said...

Mine was too...I did homework! Oh joy!