Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pregnancy brain

Even though it had only been maybe 30 minutes between the conversation yesterday and when I posted about it, I forgot parts of the conversation. This morning I'm remembering, after a night of weird dreams and waking up early just because.

I told Ella that Mommy has a baby in her belly. She thought for a moment and asked if the baby is in my belly button. So I explained that the baby is behind my belly button, in my belly. She was quiet and then asked if she could wake the baby up. I said I thought the baby was sleeping and probably will for a while. Then I opened the baby gate so we could all go downstairs. As I was getting Mia out of her crib, I told her there was a baby in my belly. She patted my belly and said, "baby."

Once we got downstairs Ella asked if there was a baby behind the front door (her way of asking if the baby is here). I said no, the baby is in Mommy's belly and needs to grow for a while before it comes out. I continued by telling her the baby needs to grow until it's almost as big as Haylie (Haylie is a few pounds lighter than Abigail, lol) and then it will come out. I asked if she wanted a baby to come live with us. She ignored me, lol. It'll be interesting to see what else they have to say when we're closing to D-day.

2 comments:

Liz said...

So cute...!
How are you feeling these days?

The Scott Household said...

Too cute!