Friday, October 23, 2009

Tiny kicks!

Well, not kicks exactly. It's kind of like something tiny inside me bumping into the rest of my insides. I felt it for the first time a few days ago. Then I felt it again. And again, during Jeopardy. Just as I was telling Steve that I think I feel the baby moving, the baby moved again! Very exciting. I'm 15 weeks, so this is the earliest I felt something that I was sure was the baby. With Ella it was 17.5 weeks, on Father's Day, and Steve felt it a few hours later. With Amelia it was 18 weeks that I was sure she was moving and I wasn't just gassy. (Sad but true.) I feel the baby occasionally but it's pretty hit and miss at this point. I figure next week should start with more regular inside-bumping and maybe the roller coaster-belly later in the week (Ella would kick my stomach and it seriously felt like I was on a roller coaster). Kicks will get more definite over time and eventually I'll be able to poke body parts that are sticking out. With Ella, Steve would play hide and seek with her. He'd poke her until she moved. Then he'd find her and poke her again. One night he stopped and just rested his hand on my belly, until she kicked him, lol. I'm glad it'll be a while before baby is big enough for that sort of thing though. Some of those elbows and jabs really hurt.

The other news this week is Mia's 18 month check-up. She charmed the people in the waiting room and the nurses. She did not like the doctor and cried as soon as he came in the room (normal at this age). She's in the 75th percentile for height and weight and "perfect," according to the doctor. (I love our doctor. He's very reassuring and I always leave feeling like I'm doing everything right.) She did get one shot and cried, but calmed down quickly. She was very happy to get back home to play with Ella. Luckily all of Amelia's appointments now will be at the year mark, as are Ella's. But no worries, we start with regular well child checks again in April, lol. Good thing we like our doctor.

No comments: