Monday, October 12, 2009

This and that

We don't have a lot to report right now. I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow. I started feeling better and then felt worse. I think I had some sort of bug, because I had to balance eating often with eating only bland foods in small amounts. Last week was better, but I still had a few days when I didn't feel very good. I'm hoping this week is even better.

Amelia will be 18 months this week and has her well child check. I'm hoping the two of us can get flu shots then but we'll see. Last I heard the office was out of them. Last year was the first in several years that none of us got the flu shot. None of us had the flu until last year, when we all got it twice in the span of a month. I'd really like to avoid that this year, especially while pregnant.

We've decided to back off potty training for now. I still ask Ella multiple times a day if she wants to use the potty. She always says no, maybe later. She hasn't shown signs of readiness yet and the whole process was incredibly frustrating to both of us, without any progress. So I'm hoping and praying she decides she's ready before this baby comes but we're not going to keep going in circles. I just really don't want to pay for three kids in diapers.

Ella has had a pillow on her bed all summer but we recently put a Barbie pillowcase on it. Ella loves it and keeps reading the letters off. Amelia then decided she needs a pillow too. A few nights she slept with a blanket balled up under her head. Then I folded up a towel for her to use. After a few days of repeatedly refolding the towel for her, I bought her a small Barbie pillow. She loves it.

The girls have plastic dishes and a set of wooden food. Lately they've been spreading bandanas on the coffee table and pulling up chairs to have a tea party. They do it almost everyday. With that many pieces, I am so glad I taught them early to help me pick up toys. Seriously. Some days they're less cooperative, but I never have to pick up all their toys anymore. It keeps me happy.

And because it's cute: Last night I was starting the dishes and put in a CD. Ella and Amelia were playing and watching tv. When Ella heard the music she came running. She said, "I heard the dance start and I'm going to dance. My necklace is going to help me dance." And she danced and hopped around the kitchen for probably ten minutes before returning to her toys in the living room. Amelia, the shadow, danced too and then stayed in the kitchen with me. She dragged out a chair and stool and sat in the chair with her feet up while I did the dishes. Goofy girls.

No comments: