Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Good news and lots of it

- First, the ultrasound was yesterday. The baby is measuring exactly where it should be and is perfectly healthy. Baby also cooperated and posed for us, which was wonderful. And it's a girl! So our third and final baby will be Nora Ann.

- In the past week, I've reconnected with lots of friends I haven't talked to in a while. This is wonderful and involved lots of wonderful news. Jenny and Nate even came over for lunch yesterday. Sad to say, it's been over a year since that's happened. We had a great time and plan to do it more often.

- There was some news at work that was almost bad and would have resulted in a lay-off for me on December 1. Luckily, that's been fixed (we're talking Federal level Medicaid, not any sort of problem with me personally) and my job is safe. That was a huge relief, especially since the day the bad news broke, we also found out Steve has still been receiving his shift differential. So he's been paid extra for almost a year. They can't backdate it and ask for money back since it was their mistake, but his checks will be about $120 less per month. So we're very thankful my PT job is safe.

- Mia slept all night in her toddler bed last night! Nap time isn't looking so promising at the moment, but one full night is great.

- Ella is showing more interest in potty training. She'll sit bare-butted on the potty now, whereas before it was in full diaper and pants. She doesn't sit long enough for anything to happen, but it's another step in the right direction. Mia refuses to try now, but I'd rather have one fully potty trained than both half trained.

- Ella's birthday is Thursday and her party is Saturday. She's very excited to blow out candles. I'm looking forward to family and birthdays. She and Mia don't know it yet, but they have new toys and books to look forward to.

- It's small, but I get leftover Chinese for lunch today - yum! And I have a show to watch on the DVR. It's a good day and a good week.

4 comments:

The Scott Household said...

I'm so happy for you - yes, I've said it about a bazillion times but really, I am :) There are three baby girls that are going to be born (one actually was two weeks ago) that I can't wait to buy cute clothes for! Are there any sizes you think you might need for Miss Nora?

Paula said...

Thanks Amanda. :) I'm actually really excited about a third girl. We're pretty well set on clothes, BUT I would love clothes that are just hers! We did the same thing for Mia. I'm thinking 3-6 or 6-9 mos. Newborn doesn't last long, especially if she's bigger than Mia was (8lbs 1oz). I'm trying to figure out what to get you too...I think maybe I'll see if Linda and Becky want to go in on a gift so we can get you something bigger. :)

TravelingKatie said...

Paula, thanks for keeping us all updated... I really like blogs, and know that I should update mine more often. I'm glad that you're thankful for the small things because sometimes those small things add up :)

Rebecca said...

congrats on another baby girl! we also have 3 girls in 3 years. it's a lot of fun :)