Thursday, January 14, 2010

Recent observations

One night Mia looked at Steve and said, "pretty?" He said that she was very pretty and told Ella she was pretty too. And told me I'm pretty. I was struck how Mia isn't even two yet and already wants to hear from her daddy, currently the most important man in her life, that she is pretty. I realized too the responsibility we have to our daughters to help them feel beautiful, not just outwardly but inwardly as well.

Steve is currently sitting at his computer with both girls. The girls have been playing dress up. Tonight they didn't try to talk him into wearing a wig or jewelry. I'm not sure they've tried that yet, but he's worn goofy hats and scarves and had tea parties. This made me realize two things: this man is secure in his manhood and he absolutely adores his little girls. It's just part of what makes him a great dad and husband, especially to impressionable little girls who crave their daddy's love and attention, which he gives abundantly. I'm blessed. :)

No comments: