Monday, January 25, 2010

Sleep (or lack of it) and home improvement projects

I am officially in my third trimester. Tomorrow marks 29 weeks. I have 71 days until my induction. Nora has been moving more and more, which is kinda fun. She keeps getting the hiccups, which was fun until the fourth time in several days. I am still not sleeping well and am looking forward to not being pregnant anymore so I can finally get comfortable enough to sleep. Sleep will be more interrupted, but hopefully more restful when I actually do sleep. It's getting harder to reach my shoes too and Steve tied my shoes for me a few times this weekend. I was looking through pictures yesterday and realized I am definitely bigger earlier this time. I'm hoping it means I'll level off and not get bigger than I did at the end. Time will tell.

The girls are finally back to napping well. For about a week, they just didn't nap. And since I wasn't sleeping well, it was just bad. We discovered Amelia can climb out of the crib. And the pack'n'play. I don't have a clue how she does it, especially since she's prone to tripping over nothing walking across the living room. But we also discovered that the threat of taking away their stuffed animals or moving Mia to a different room works wonders. We've had to actually move Mia once (when she climbed out of the pnp). Since I couldn't keep her in the pnp, I moved her back to her bed within minutes. Apparently that was long enough to scare them both into quieting down and napping. We've had to take toys away more than once, but more often just the threat of it is working. Thank God. I hate punishing them, but it is infinitely worse when it doesn't seem to have any effect. At least if it works, I know I won't need to do it as often.

We've been decorating more around the house since Steve built the new bookcase. He put up his floating shelves (they're hidden, so the books look like they're just floating). We also picked out some pictures to put up on the wall in the living room and then realized half of them don't have a hook so we can hang them on the wall. So we ended up putting up a wooden shelf for three of the pictures and hanging the fourth on the wall. It amazes me how much more homey and finished the room feels with those simple additions. It only took us two and a half years. :)

No comments: