Saturday, January 9, 2010

The sweetest girls

I was a bit upset yesterday. It just kind of a rough day. Nothing really went wrong but I was just tired and frustrated and the pregnancy hormones shoved me over the edge. I cried. As soon as Ella noticed, she asked why I was crying. I told her I didn't know but I couldn't stop. Somehow she decided it was because my foot hurt. In her innocent little mind, a kiss fixes everything, so she kissed my foot. I calmed down for a while after that, so I guess she thought it worked.

Steve called on his break and I broke down again. At that point, Mia noticed and stood in front of me, just staring at me and looked so concerned. She let me hold her for a while, which always helps. Ella came over and let me hug her too. Since kissing my foot had worked earlier, she bent down and kissed my foot again. And then Mia did it too. Every so often, if I was still crying quietly, they'd walk over and kiss my foot. It didn't help me stop crying (and it annoys me when I start crying and just can't seem to stop) but it warmed my heart. They are so sweet and caring.

We'll ignore that later they were difficult during nap time and were getting into everything in their bedroom. They are very sweet but they are still very curious toddlers.

My day got worse during nap time but did improve later. My sister came over to babysit and talking to her helps. (I have the best sisters in the world.) Then I took a shower, which helps me feel better physically. Then Steve and I left for small group. It was nice to have adult time that didn't require me to be a counselor. After we got home, we cuddled and talked some and he watched my stomach dance. I slept a bit better last night and Steve got to sleep in, so we're both feeling more patient today. Tonight I have a girls' night with some women from church and Steve is having Mike over after the girls go to bed. Tomorrow we plan on going to church and then just spending time together. We need some time together, just us. Rough days always pass, even if they feel never-ending at the time. And I am so thankful for friends and family who care and help me through them. :) Thank you for all the kind words. Yesterday was definitely when I needed them. And it's nice to have a better idea who reads the blog. Happy to have you! :)

No comments: