Thursday, September 24, 2009

Little unexpected things make life

I've been grumpy lately. Part of it is pregnancy hormones, part of it is not sleeping well, part is just, well, irritability. It often seems like a pretty even balance of good things and annoying, messy things. Overall my life is great. Steve is employed and doesn't hate it, we have insurance. I'm working and have the potential to take a full-time position if we needed me to. We have two beautiful, healthy, polite, smart little girls. We have another healthy baby on the way. We have two running cars and a nice house and more toys and clothes than our girls could ever use. We are all healthy and so are our families. But I've been irritable.

Tonight something small and unexpected happened. Steve was changing the laundry and his cell phone rang. So I grabbed it and answered it. It was his sister, Annie, who moved to Arizona back in July. It was just so unexpected and suddenly I was all excited. I think my excitement to talk to her caught her off-guard, lol. I only talked to her for maybe a minute before handing off the phone to Steve, but somehow, that little interaction improved my mood. Funny, huh? Annie, if you're reading this, I'm glad you called for Steve's computer expertise and I got to say hi. Thanks for surprising me. :)

No comments: