Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Small changes

Today feels like fall. I big fuzzy heart fall. The changing leaves, the crisp air, cooler temps, the coming holidays. Jeans and hoodies at football games. I love it.

My girls are cute. They sleep with certain blankets, dolls, and gloworms. They get upset if for some reason they don't have these. Last night, Mia got very upset when Steve tried to take her pink doll. The thing looked like it got caught in the mechanism for the side of the crib and was streaked with grease. So she kept it last night. This morning I was sneaky and carried it downstairs and washed it without Mia noticing. Clean and dry by nap time. Mia went upstairs without the doll while I was changing Ella's diaper, so Ella carried the baby doll upstairs and gave it to her. Mia said thank you. They're good sisters (we'll ignore the fact that 20 minutes earlier Ella was hoarding blocks and pushed Mia).

I'm now 10 weeks pregnant and my symptoms are changing a bit. This makes me wonder if my original dates may have been correct and I'm actually 12 weeks and exiting the first trimester, but we'll see what the doc says next Monday. My nausea has subsided slightly, so I have to eat maybe every hour and a half as opposed to every hour. I feel more tired. My appetite has increased. I'm feeling more affectionate towards Steve again but less kind towards the general public. My forehead is dry and flaky, while my chin is still breaking out. Weird, but most of pregnancy is.

I'm still working. Time with adults and the money is nice but I am thrilled to have today off. I've been offered a full time position (twice now) but part time is pretty ideal for our current situation.

In sad news, Doug and Linda's golden retriever was hit by a car this morning. Biscuit was about 3 years old (a little older than Ella). She is now buried in the backyard near the dogwood tree. I'm sad for them because I know how hard it is to lose a pet. Oddly enough, Tracy and Donovan's older dog was also hit by a car last week. Doc is okay. He has a broken front leg and a nice cast, but is still trying to visit the neighbor's dog.

The girls are upstairs for naps now so I'm going to enjoy my down time and watch a little tv. Then I might try out that prenatal workout video I borrowed from Tracy...we'll see how ambitious I am today.

No comments: